Get a dramatic smile boost in just one visit with dental bonding
At Favero Family Dental, you can enter our office in Denton, Texas, and leave with a dramatically improved smile! What is the “magic” behind this one-visit smile transformation? Dental bonding.
Gaps. Spacing issues. Minor cracks. Chips. “Too short” teeth. Irregularly-shaped teeth. These and other cosmetic imperfections can be eliminated with a procedure called “dental bonding.”
Dental bonding involves preparing a material, such as composite resin, to match the color and appearance of your natural tooth enamel. In a putty-like form, the composite can be applied to teeth that have been lightly prepared or conditioned. Our dentists, Drs. S. Blake Favero and Khourschid “K” Favero use their talents and artistry to shape this pliable material. Once the imperfection has been covered up, the composite is “cured” or hardened. Slight refinements are made, and the tooth is polished. And that’s it!
Bonding has many benefits, including:
- It’s fast. It can be completed in a single appointment.
- It’s versatile. It can be used to disguise everything from spacing to sizing to surface issues.
- It’s affordable (a fraction of the cost of other cosmetic or restorative treatments, such as veneers).
- It’s a non-invasive and conservative treatment. Little “preparation” is required. No tooth enamel is removed. So, it is an entirely reversible treatment. Furthermore, the process is not associated with tooth sensitivity. It is painless and preserves all of your tooth enamel.
- It’s low maintenance. The bonding material can last for years as long as you take good care of your teeth and refrain from habits or behaviors that could make the tooth vulnerable to further damage. For instance, we can discuss options to minimize or eliminate the effects of chronic teeth grinding.
Candidates for dental bonding generally have the aesthetic concerns mentioned here, with aesthetic being the key word. Your teeth and gums must be healthy. We may discuss alternative restorative treatments if your teeth have sustained significant wear and tear or damage due to conditions such as enamel erosion or tooth decay. These options could include tooth-colored or white composite fillings, inlays, onlays, and dental crowns.
Additionally, patients with cosmetic concerns and otherwise healthy smiles may prefer porcelain veneers over bonding. Porcelain is well-known for its natural appearance, strength, and ability to resist stains. The choice is yours!
Call (940) 566-2847 to schedule your appointment with Drs K or Blake at Favero Family Dental. It has been our great privilege to support confidence-boosting smile transformations for our one-of-a-kind patients throughout the Denton, Argyle, and Sanger, TX area.